Hello everyone and welcome to another TBR on my blog! Warm hugs and wishes on such a cold weather (at least on my part of the world)! This article was supposed to come live a week ago but I’ve been spending my time catching up to my engagements for some blog tours and lately I’ve been dealing with a nice cold. But here I am, wrapping up the last month of autumn (again, in my part of the world).
In the month of November I was supposed to read the amazing amount of 22 books (see my TBR article here), out of which I’ve actually read 15. Not my best month at all, since 4 out of these ones have been in audio format. I don’t know, I’ve been missing out on all the reading and I’ve missed my Kindle App also. Here is the list of the 15 titles with links to my reviews:
- Whiskey Witches by S.M. Blooding (Whiskey Witches, Book 1)
- Rimrider by L.A. Kelley (Rimrider Adventures, Book 1)
- Blood Moon Magick by S.M. Blooding
- A Heavenly Christmas by Patrice Wilton (A Heavenly Christmas #1)
- Bound by Shadows by Reily Garrett (McAllister Justice #2)
- Beneath the Lake by Casi McLean (Lake Lanier Mysteries #1)
- Asher Black by Parker S. Huntington (The Five Syndicates #1)
- Moonchild by Kate L. Mary (Moonchild, #1)
- Someone to Love by Patrice Wilton (A Heavenly Christmas #2)
- Catch Me If You Can by Miss Mae
- Soul Bound: The Warrior by Jas T. Ward
- Loving Ordinary Life by Anastasia Petrenko
- Intimacy On The Plate (Extra Trim Edition) by Olga Petrenko
- November Rain by Shannon A. Thompson (Bad Bloods #1)
- The Sweetheart Mystery by Cheryl Ann Smith (Brash & Brazen #4)
As for the results of the Tome Topple Readathon, let’s not get into that. If you are interested though, follow this lovely link (I will not tell you that I had a week off from work, because then I would have to stick my head in the sand of embarrassment and fury! )
There are some books that kick the passion out of a reader’s mood. But I am back loving those pages and I am currently reading “Indiscretion” by Hannah fielding. Yes, I am talking too much about it and taking too long to finish it, but I’m getting there.
I did however manage to update some of my long overdue reviews, so if you’ve seen me update the status of a book on Goodreads or Amazon but is not included here, it’s because those were some old titles read but not reviewed. I still have a few to post, but those ones will have an article on my blog also.
December is here, a new month, with new challenges. Until my next article, let me know what you have read in November and which was your favorite book.
Ok, it’s me feeling sorry for myself again! Done the reading, posted very few reviews. I have not caught up with posting my reviews for the September books, not posted all the reviews for the October books, but at least I’m reading. Also, I have focused my attention on another project, which I’ll talk about in another post. For now, let’s see how my month was in books.
From my TBR, I managed to read 14 books. Remaining 6 will be transferred to my TBR pile, but I do want to finish them in November, as they really caught my interest. 14 titles as follow, with links to the reviews, where applies:
- Fracture by Kaitlyn Davis (Midnight Ice #3) – e-copy received from the author
- The Punch Escrow by Matthew Mercer – audiobook received as part of a blog tour
- The Watcher of the Night Sky by Rachel Pudsey – e-copy received from the author
- The Heart of the Alchemist by Penny Wells – e-copy received from the author
- Love and Deceit by Cheri Champagne (Mason Siblings Series #3) – e-copy received from the author
- Come Back to Me by Kathy Coopmans– audiobook received as part of a blog tour
- A Season of You by Emma Douglas – e-copy received from the publisher
- Screwed by Mike Owens – e-copy received as part of a blog tour
- Air and Ash by Alex Lidell (Tides #1) – audiobook received as part of a blog tour
- Remembrance by Michelle Madow (Transcendent Time Saga #1) – audiobook received as part of a blog tour
- The trouble With Love by Cheri Champagne – e-copy received from the author
- West by Lizzy Ford (History Interrupted #1) – audiobook received as part of a blog tour
- Vengeance by Michelle Madow (Transcendent Time Saga #1.5) – audiobook received as part of a blog tour
- Rugged Texas Cowboy by Lora Leigh – e-copy received from the publisher
Unfortunately, again I did not manage to post my reviews for all of them in time. However, I think I am out of my writing slump, as I have already scheduled the reviews. There will be some days where you’ll see two reviews posted.
October has been a great month, even if it had some downs, not only ups. It gave me an impulse to move forward, I was reminded why I like book blogging so much and it helped to know I have someone very close to my heart always there to give me that impulse J
Let me know how your month has been and what have you read in the comments below. Until next time, have great reading time!
Another month has passed, almost two at this point. I am again late with my wrap up and TBR. But let’s take it one step at the time.
I have been so focused and so busy with all my activities and I want to be involved as much as possible in my blogging activity. However, there are times when life outside of pages gets in the way and plans go a little South. But, as they say, it’s important to make the most of every day. So I think when September is concerned, I did it (almost).
Reading wise, I am quite happy with what I managed to accomplish, but not happy that I did not manage to post my reviews in time for all the books I’ve finished (not even until past Mid-October I might add… ). So here are the results, with links where the reviews are up. I’ll do my best to post the other ones in the coming days as well (preferably until end of this month!).
- The Leftover by Booke Williams – e-copy received
- Cover of the Night by Laura Griffin – e-copy received
- The Real Thing by Melissa Foster – e-copy received
- Holy Crap! The World is Ending by Anna-Marie Abel – e-copy received
- Acer by Lilly Atlas (No Prisoners MC #3) – audiobook received
- Touch of Fondness by Joy Penny (Stay in Touch #1)
- Interviewing for Her Lover by Ellis Day (Six Nights Of Sin #1) – e-copy received
- Corruption by Adam Vine – audiobook received
- Waiting for the Storm by Marie Landry – e-copy received
- Once a Rebel by Mary Jo Putney – e-copy received
- The Alibi by Marilyn Baron – e-copy received
- Forbidden: A Reluctant Series Novel #2 by Marla Josephs – audiobook received
So 12 books in total out of my 17 planed, not counting the extras. I know I could have done better, but in the last week I got kind of lazy or tired and I did not read much. I also wanted to reread “Freeze” by Kaitlyn Davis. This is book 2 in the “Midnight Ice” series. I was also excited for the release of book 3. I must say it has been a long time since I have enjoyed a series as much.
My biggest regrets when it comes to my reading/blogging activity are that I did not manage to post all that I had planned or to read the books on my list.
Well, at least I am trying to improve my game, trying to become more organized. If it’s not too late, let me know what you have read in September or in case you have not read anything, just pop in and say hi J Happy reading!
I haven’t done a wrap up since forever! But I must get back on track, otherwise I’ll have no clue if my targets are achieved or not. So now that I’ve scolded myself enough, let’s see how my reading has been this month.
The most important thing to mention is that I’ve made a new book friend! Her name is Ami and she has started a book blog recently. So head over to her place at Shyla’s Uncensored Opinions to see what she has to say about the lovely books she’s reading. We do have different reading tastes, but her reviews are amazing and funny. We will do some articles together (I hope J ) and you will hear more about her on my blog.
Next item on my list is the new Instagram account. If you want to check how my reading day is going, in pictures, follow me there as well – @lillysbookstagram
As for reading, let’s just say I was kind of on a reading slump Most of the books on this list are audio and only a few actual books. I managed to have the reviews up for all except two, which are part of a blog tour or a promo article due in September. I did manage to catch up on some books that I’ve read earlier this year, but for which I did not find the time to write a review, so I’m happy that worked out. And more are to come this month. I have some titles which are on my backlog list and I’m hoping to be able to come back to during the following months. We’ll see.
So here is what I did manage to read this month (in chronological order):
- Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables #1) by L.M. Montgomery – in audio format
- Hooked On You (Paradise Cove #2) by Patrice Wilton – in audio format
- Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables #2) by L.M. Montgomery – in audio format
- Aranya (Shapeshifter Dragons #1) by Marc Secchia – in audio format
- Play Right By Me (Paradise Cove #3) by Patrice Wilton – in audio format
- Anne of the Island (Anne of Green Gables #3) by L.M. Montgomery – in audio format
- The Mortal Falls by Anna Durand
- Sunsets at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #4) by Addison Cole
- The Mistletoe by Patricia Catacalos
All these books have been reviewed this month, and to them I’m adding:
- Acer (No Prisoners MC #3) by Lilly Atlas – in audio format
- Cold Summer by Gwen Cole
“Acer” is part of a blog tour which will happen in September, so the review will be up then. As for “Cold Summer”, I have received this book from Sky Pony Pres, together with another title which I will be reading these days. A complete review will be up somewhere till the end of September.
That’s about it for my wrap up. I will get back to you with the best book I’ve read in August in a separate article. Till next time, let me know if you have read any of these books or if any title sounds interesting. Oh, and leave a link to your wrap up so I can go check it out as well J Happy reading!
I wanted to do this wrap up a little earlier, like on the 31st earlier, but I was a bit caught up with the books I’ve read or listen to and trying to be updated with all the reviews. I’ll do my best to have the monthly reports as close to the end of the month as possible.
If you’ve been following my articles, I have posted my January TBR and TBL on the 1st of January and now it’s time to see where I am with my commitments. I was mentioning 8 titles, 6 of them have received a review during this month and two of them will be on my list for February. I’ve managed to finish 10 books, here are the titles and links to my reviews:
- Light in My Dark – William Dresden and Jean Gilbert
- The Aureate Spectacles – Eliott McKay
- Sweet – Lisa Hahn
- Carnal Obsession: His Heart’s Prisoner – Reily Garret
- Journey to Dawn: Step One, Breathe – Reily Garret
- Bending Fate: Prequel to Carnal Whispers: Mind Stalker – Reily Garret
- Remember For Me – Diana Tarant Schmidt
- Jadeite’s Journey – Lucinda Stain
- Frost – Kaitlyn Davis
- Heartbreaker – Stacy Kennedy
In regards to my TBL, I accomplished my one audiobook on the list: Anomalies by Sadie Turner & Colette Freedman. This book has opened my appetite for audiobooks. I find that I enjoy them very much, so for February I have a lot more coming.
January was not such a bad month for my reading experience, though I am really sorry I was not able to capture all titles I’ve forecasted. So that’s it for now, I’ll be back with my February TBR and TBL. Please feel free to comment below if you read some of these titles and maybe even post a link to your January wrap up. I’d love to know how your month was bookwise J
This is my firs wrap up, so bear with me till I get my words going J 2016 has been quite an interesting year for me. I’ve started blogging about books, initially about the books I’ve came across. But soon I was flooded with review requests from authors I am now very lucky to have met – even if by e-mail or through the stories they write.
I also signed up with some of the greatest Book Promotion sites – they are a constant source of material for LBW so a big THANK YOU goes to them as well (check most of them out here).
Blogging about books has been one of my hidden desires since a young age. I now regret I’ve started so late! But regardless, the road to my One Year anniversary has not been easy. There were times I wanted to give it up because of lack of time; there were moments when I felt bad for not being able to keep a commitment. I’ve grown up, I’ve matured together with my small world of pages and chapters and I’ve made my own system to keep track of my TBRs, reviews, posts and everything.
I would have never imagined I’d have over 80 books read in one year (feel free to check them out here)! Over 80 reviews posted, most of them on Goodreads and Amazon as well. I’ve started being active on these sites as well and also NetGalley – on which I’m still growing up J Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to brag or anything. But 12 months ago I would have never imagined I would like it so much!
Not least on my mind, I would like to thank my followers for their support and all the visitors on LBW – THANK YOU for taking little of your time to scroll through my articles J
I wish you all a 2017 filled with accomplishments, happiness, good thoughts and a tons of health! Read books, drink some tea or … just do whatever brings you some small amount of comfort every day!